The wellbeing of our customers and people is our top priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Auckland will remain at Alert Level 4 until 11.59pm, Tuesday 21st September.
The rest of New Zealand is in Alert Level 2.
Alert Level 4
What this means is that there is a ‘lock down’ in place. The Auckland is expected to isolate, stay at home, only make physical contact with those they live with and only venture out for groceries and fresh air. There are strict border controls in place and only ‘essential services’ operating.
Crown FIL Workspace are not considered essential services. We fully support the government’s actions, which are designed to eradicate COVID-19 and save lives. To achieve that we must all act together.
We are expecting a very busy time when the country emerges from the lock down. Our staff are still fully engaged, (working from home) and all communication channels are operating normally.
As this is a fluid environment, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0800 333 131
Alert Level 3 and Alert Level 2
Crown FIL Workspace are open for business at Alert Level 3 and 2.
In general the ‘essential’ guidelines for a business to reopen are;
- The primary test is one of being ‘safe, rather than being essential’.
- Workers must ‘work from home’ if they can.
- A business must be able to operate without human contact.
- Where operating without human contact is not possible businesses may re-open but must comply with health and safety requirements around physical distancing and contactless engagement with customers.
Crown FIL Workspace Safety Guidelines
You can be assured that the safety of our staff and customers is our primary concern. Limiting interactions with others is our best defence against COVID-19. In this regard there is very little difference between Level 4 and Level 3 restrictions.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and our customers the following protocols need to be in place before we undertake work on your behalf:
- A minimum of 48 hours advance notice so that we can develop a relocation plan that maximises social distancing and minimises risk.
- All areas that Crown FIL Workspace are to access must be unmanned. Ideally this means moves occur outside normal business hours but at a minimum there must be no staff or others working in the area(s) Crown will accessing.
- Only one representative of your company on site whilst Crown is working.
- A dedicated lift (that we can lock off) for each Crown team. Crown has created “work bubbles” of four staff. These bubbles do not mix so a separate lift is needed for each team of four (or part thereof).
- Crown FIL Workspace will work to the pre-arranged scope of your move. Ad-hoc requests will be referred to Crown FIL Workspace management for approval by our staff before they undertake any such work. As a general guide we will attempt to accommodate any such requests if they do not require Crown staff to access areas outside the planned scope.
We have received many calls asking about our safety standards. Be assured, we have a robust plan for the protection of our staff and customers alike. Here is a summary of our Crown FIL Workspace safety standards;
- The “work bubbles” we have created do not mix with other Crown staff either at a customer’s premises or at a Crown FIL Workspace site. They have their own dedicated vehicle and are despatched remotely from our yard.
- We have robust contact tracing systems that document interactions between staff, customers, suppliers and site visitors (by appointment only).
- Our operation crews will be contacted by their supervisors twice daily to ensure they are not feeling well and not showing flu like symptoms.
- We will not use non Crown FIL Workspace staff.
- Our crews will have staggered starts to limit interaction at dispatch. They will practice social distancing based upon a minimum 1m3 distance with each other and 2m3 with third parties.
- We will have a maximum of two crew members in our trucks and vans, unless a van has additional seating that enables correct distancing. If three or more staff are required, we will take additional vehicles to the work site.
- Every Operations Manager, supervisor and crew member is trained in our Level 3 Safety Guidelines under the direction of our National Training Manager. New employees will receive a thorough induction as they are on-boarded.
- All crew members have been issued with their own Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). This includes masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitiser, soap and personal tool boxes. Masks and gloves are considered secondary to regular hand washing with soap and the use of sanitiser.
- We have secured a stock of hospital grade disinfecting spray sanitiser. Our crews may use this at addresses that have not been empty for four days.. The spray settles and evaporate within 15 minutes of spraying.
The above list is not exhaustive and will be flexed up or down as the situation requires. The availability of PPE is a variable that could cause temporary adjustments to our safety procedures. As you can see Crown FIL Workspace’s intention is to ensure that we have a safety first approach. We understand that every customer is unique and in a different situation. For those who have been inconvenienced, we can only apologise and assure you of our best intentions at all times.
As this is a fluid environment please don’t hesitate to contact us email via email: email@example.com or call: 0800 333 131